Sunday 29 January 2017

Harvard's Natural History Museum

I've done the Fossils event and currently am doing the Rocks and Minerals even for Science Olympiad. As a (self-proclaimed) expert on these topics, I've visited several natural history museums, including the LA Natural History Museum, which is absolutely incredible, and the London Natural History Museum, which is stunning. But I have to say that, for its size and collection, Harvard University's Natural History Museum is surprisingly wonderful.

The array of specimens at Harvard is amazing for a place less than half the size of the LA or London museums. Every single rock or mineral specimen, every single fossil that I had to know (and more!); Harvard had it all. And not only were the specimens present, but they were also in top condition. There is, of course, also the world's only exhibit of realistic glass flowers.

This last time I went, just about a week ago, I was still awed by everything that I had seen on a previous trip. It's definitely a place that everyone, especially if you're interested in geology, should take a trip to.

No comments:

Post a Comment